Online dating has been an acceptable and popular way of meeting and flirting online with new people. But like anything you should still exercise caution and personal safety should be a priority. Here are some helpful tips on how to stay safe and have fun while using British Sex Contacts
When communicating with other users, you should:
- Always be cautious when deciding whether to share personal information.
- Avoid including your last name, e-mail address, phone number or place of work.
- Avoid sharing your real name, email address, place of work, address, phone number or other identifying information while you are emailing or chatting until you are completely comfortable.
- Stop communicating with anyone who attempts to pressure you into providing your personal or financial information or in any way attempts to trick you into providing it.
- Use an anonymous third-party email address for your dating purposes. Although your communications on Zoosk, whether through email or our Messenger product, are designed to help protect your identity until you choose to reveal it, hackers can breach nearly any technology and you should still use extra caution in your communications.
- Trust your instincts and immediately stop communicating with anyone who makes you feel uncomfortable or apprehensive.
- Remember that anyone who is able to commit identity theft can also falsify a dating profile.
MEETING IN PERSON
If you are meeting someone for the first time, you should always take precautions such as the following:
- Always meet in a public place at a time when many people are around.
- Use your own transportation to arrive at the meeting. Avoid having the person pick you up.
- Tell a friend or family member where you are going and when you will return and set up a predetermined time to check in with them.
- Bring a mobile phone with you so you can contact someone should you need to.
- Never worry or feel embarrassed about your behaviour. Your safety is far more important than the other person's opinion of you.
We encourage you to help us fight scammers and inappropriate profiles. If you suspect a user is trying to scam you, we encourage you to contact the support teamc. Most scams involve one or more of the following:
- A member contacts you from somewhere far away, often in another country.
- A member directs you to a pornographic site.
- A member asks you for money (this is often in the context of an urgent need such as travel back to their home country, hospital bills, medication etc).
- A member tries to sell products or services online or offers you a job opportunity.
- A member claims love for you right away.